Atmospheric/Environmental Data

We do an enironmental visualization product that has moved to using
netCDF files and I am trying to make my netCDF application as 'generic'
as it can be given certain constraints imposed by my project completion date,
and I was wondering if there was anyone/where I could grab a couple
Atmospheric, Groundwater, or other scientific environmental data-sets
in netCDF to try my app on...
FTP'able and not secret (I won't be publishing them) and preferrably
compressable to a reasonable ftp size...

.. or/and if there are any data-collection sites that produce netCDF
data on the net somewhere...

Thanks for any help,

bcl
blincoln@xxxxxxxxxx