tbl2ncdf ?

G'Day

Is there a table to netCDF converter ? I mean something that takes as input
data of arbitrary type (eg combination of int, float etc..) in tabular form
and produces a netCDF file. If not, I am planning to write one starting 15-20
days from now. My thinking so far has brought up a question. Say I created
the netCDF file from the table. Is there a simple way, trick, botch, fix,...
of adding attributes to the netCDF file thus generated ? If not I guess I'll
also write an attr2ncdf program. If anyone has such programs I would sure
appreciate it if you shared them with me.

On another note I would sure appreciate it if someone told me how find out
which dimension of a variable is its record dimension in the general case (ie
NC_UNLIMITED dimension exists or not). Thanks in advance. BTW, I can only
receive Email via the EAST gateway at NASA since we had a lightning strike
which wiped out some of our networking equipment. It was rather pretty :-)

        best regards
| Mail          Dr Ata Etemadi, Blackett Laboratory,                          |
|               Space and Atmospheric Physics Group,                          |
|               Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine,        |
| Janet            atae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Earn/Bitnet  atae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
| Internet/Arpanet atae%spva.ph.ic.ac.uk  Span         SPVA::atae             |