"Invalid edge length" message from ncvarput

Hi:

Sorry if this is a FAQ: in the netCDF User's Guide, v1.10
(Dec 1990, I should probably get a newer one), the example
on p.68 (NCVDEF) defines RHDIMS (vdims) as TIMDIM, LATDIM,
LONDIM in that order. But on p.80 (NCVPT), where the hyperslab
is written, COUNT is defined in the opposite order from RHDIMS
(LONS,LATS,TIMES). If I do this in my (fortran) code, I get an
"Invalid edge length" message from ncvarput.

--Ben

Ben Foster                      High Altitude Observatory
foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx            phone: 303-497-1595  fax: 303-497-1589
National Center for Atmospheric Research: P.O. Box 3000 Boulder CO 80307