Re: netcdf & cray

Slowness on Cray stands in the way of using netCDF for some of our
large modeling data sets that hold several million FP numbers.

I did a test with 1 million real*8's.  Writing this took 13 sec on a
C90, and 4.7 sec on a HP735 writing to local disk (about the same
cpu writing via NFS but about 8 times more real time).

Fixing this has been on my group's todo list for a couple of years.

So, if something has been done, we'd like to know about it too.
        Bruce Langdon  L-472                   langdon@xxxxxxxx
        Physics Department                     Fax: (510) 423-9969
        Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory langdon@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Livermore, CA 94550                 (510) 422-5444