Re: ACE/gr (aka xmgr) does netCDF

>ACE/gr (aka xmgr) is an XY plotting tool written to X11/Motif.

Paul is being much modest.  It does much more than plotting.  It can
generate new datasets of Running Averages, Regressions, Splines, FFT,
expression parser, etc.  Its a very nice numerical comp package.

>I've included support for reading 1 dimensional variables
>from netCDF files (only two data types, NC_FLOAT and NC_DOUBLE,

I've tested it with our low-rate aircraft data, and it works fine.

>This particular alpha has been compiled on RS6000s only
>but should build on SGIs, HPs, and Suns (with Motif) without
>too much difficulty.

I've built it on SunOS 4.1.3 & Solaris 2.3, with no problems.

--Chris