Re: PV-Wave (Visual Numerics) netCDF, HDF support

Hi Matt,

> I haven't seen anyone write anything about this before in this, but I
> noticed that the PV-Wave line of products has support for netCDF and
> HDF formats now.  This is very encouraging.  Anyone have any details?
>
> I haven't been able to find the definitive list of free and $$$$
> software with support for netCDF. Does such a beast exist?

See pub/netcdf/utilities.txt on ftp.unidata.ucar.edu for more information on
utilities and packages developed elsewhere for manipulating or displaying
netCDF data.

A link to this document is in the answer to question #17 in the netCDF FAQ

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf

if you want to look at it with a WWW client.

I haven't been able to keep the list totally up-to-date, so if you see any
omissions are corrections in this list, please let me know.  In particular,
it needs to be updated with the fact that PV-Wave now supports netCDF.

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000