netCDF software -- discussion initiation

This group has been remarkably quiet lately.  Is netCDF is dying, or
just fully born and therefore not worthy of ooh-aah baby admiration?

In an attempt to promote discussion, let me suggest that netCDF users
start posting software they have written and are willing to share.  To
start the dialog, I offer:

* The Gri plotting language now handles netCDF columnar and gridded
  data.  The implementation is not very general so far, since it's
  been used only by me, and my style is limite.  For example, Gri can
  only handle 'float' data types, and only for columns which have
  explicit dimensions.  For information on Gri, use world-wide-web at
  the URL site http://www.cs.dal.ca/users/kelley/gri/gri1.html.  (If
  you don't know what world-wide-web is, you should ask your system
  manager about it, since it is useful.)  I've no time to answer
  emails about Gri now, but there is a newsletter to which interested
  parties may subscribe; again, see the URL site.

Dan Kelley                   | dan.kelley@xxxxxx            (902)494-1694
Oceanography Department      |
Dalhousie University         |
Halifax, NS, CANADA, B3H 4J1 |