nc tool to reorder columns?

I have a netcdf file which has columnar variables, one of which is
called 'year'.  All the columns have the same length.

I'd like to reorder the data in the columns so that the 'year' column
is in order.

Is there a netcdf tool to do this for me, or will I have to hack one?

Email responses would be received with thanks.

-- Dan

Dan Kelley                   | dan.kelley@xxxxxx            (902)494-1694
Oceanography Department      |   ``We rise again,
Dalhousie University         |     in the faces of our children''
Halifax, NS, CANADA, B3H 4J1 |   The Rankin Family <North Country>