Envision 1.1 and Sun SPARCs

Hello netCDFers -

I know my problem may be a little off-topic, but since Envision 1.1 was
announced to this group by its authors, I thought I might post a question
here about it.

I have used Envision 1.0B (pre June 15, 1994) more or less successfully on
my workstation setup, and looked forward to version 1.1 when it was
announced.  But alas, it will not run.  When I try to start it, I get an X
pipeline error, OpenWindows aborts, I am thrown back into the console, and
I must reboot to get things to work properly again.  My configuration is
pretty generic, and is listed below.

Is my problem unique to my setup, or have other users with similar setups
suffered similar problems with the new version ?  Please let me know
directly or through netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so I can tell the
authors.

CONFIGURATION:
Sun SPARCstation 4/110, 32 Mb memory, not on Internet (does have ethernet)
SunOS 4.1.3
OpenWindows 3 (~Solaris 1.1)
OpenLook Window Manager
Motif Runtime libraries (and mwm) available.

Thanks,

Malcolm Ross
Department of Geology and Geophysics
Rice University