used NetCDF to transfer data between C and Fortran programs

  • Subject: used NetCDF to transfer data between C and Fortran programs
  • From: mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Des Mills)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 13:29:45 +0800
I am having a great deal of trouble using NetCDF to transfer data from a
simulation program written in C to a plotting program written in Fortran 77.
Since the array storage order in C is the reverse of that in Fortran, I am
finding that the arrays that the Fortran program reads in are stored in the
wrong
order, even though NetCDF is supposed to handle this detail. Could someone
who has used NetCDF to transfer data between C and Fortran programs please give
me an Email, as soon as possible? It would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Victor Essers and Des Mills. (Email first essersvr@xxxxxxxxxxxx, and
then mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)