Re: Web FORMS interface to netCDF data?

I have a back burner project to browse archived netCDF data via
WWW. Currently, I have a means to plot certain types of data from netCDF
files by firing up xvgr on the client workstation and having the http
server generate xvgr commands.

Later I want to add indexing of netCDF header information via
freeWAIS-sf which supports fields and numeric searching. Then WAIS
could be used to locate data files of interest, and clicking on the
returned URL would start up the graphics program, or just provide more
information based on a form input.

It would really be helpful to have a version of Perl with the netCDF
libraries imbedded for this type of work. Is anyone working on that? It
is supposed to be easier to make special versions in Perl5.

Jon

Jon Meek
American Cyanamid Company
PO Box 400 / Clarksville Road
Princeton, NJ 08543-0400

Voice: 609-799-0400 x2504  Home: 609-895-1810

meekj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx