Re: Web FORMS interface to netCDF data?

On Sep 21,  8:54am, Richard P. Signell wrote:
> Subject: Web FORMS interface to netCDF data?
> Is anyone working on a WWW FORMS interface to netCDF data?  Sure,
> Mosaic's Scientific Data Brows-o-rama is nice, but it would be
> great to be able to select and extract data, and perhaps return
> selected data as ASCII as well.

Hi Rich,

Since FORMS communicate with the CGI interface I assume you're looking for a
server.

We have a "version zero" server to deliver NetCDF data as complete images.
  Our own plans also include extractions of data as ASCII ar NetCDF files
(small additional work from where we're at already).  The cut and paste below
describes it.

If you want to see the source code we'll make it available to you.  It would be
easy to tailor it to other NetCDF data sets.

        - steve

On Sep 19, 12:46pm, Steve Hankin wrote:
> Subject: NOAA Mosaic "Features": #1
> Hello NOAA-ONLINE and ERL subscribers,
>
> As a kick-off to the "Features" idea that Terry suggested Sept. 9 we invite
> your comments and suggestions on the Mosaic-based climatological data access
> system that Jerry Davison and I have been developing at PMEL.  The URL is
>
>       http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/ferret/main-menu.html
>
> (also accessible under "Live Access to COADS and Levitus Climatologies" on
the
> PMEL home page at http://www.wrc.noaa.gov/pmelhome.html).
>
> Our goal in this interface is to provide "live browsing access" to the
> extensive data base of gridded climatological data managed by PMEL's Thermal
> Modeling and Analysis Project (TMAP).  A user can select a variable (say,
> Dissolved Oxygen from the Levitus annual climatology) and a view (say, a
> vertical section along the equator) and quickly obtain a fully documented
> contour plot.
>
> "live access" refers to the fact that the images are generated on the fly.
 The