Re: NetCDF Digest - Vol 1 : Issue 197

On Tue, 15 Nov 1994, Chris Anderson wrote:

> > Subject: Tool for truncating NetCDF files?
> > From:    Richard Signell <rsignell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To:      netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Date:    Fri, 11 Nov 1994 08:53:23 EST
> >
> > I was storing output from a numerical model at successive time steps
> >
> > Does anyone have a tool that would effectively allow me to "clip" the
> > end off my netCDF file?  In other words, create a
<deleted>
> Hello Rich, sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out of the office.
> Did you get any replies to your posting to the netCDF group?
>
> DDI can do what you describe.  It can read the variables from your file
> and create a new file, using only a certain part of the unlimited
> dimension.  Unfortunately, the new file will not name an unlimited dimension,
> this is on the TODO list.  If you like I can walk you through the steps.
>
> --Chris
> Chris L. Anderson                                     Phone (510)423-1915
> Graphics Project Leader                                       FAX
> (510)423-8744
> The National Energy Research                 E-mail: andersoncl@xxxxxxxxx
>   Supercomputer Center (NERSC)                       S-mail: PO Box 5509 L-560
>     Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory           Livermore, CA 94551

What is DDI?  What does it do?  Is it generally available? (this is
the first response I have seen from this original post).

-Mike

| Michael Hamilton                  | Internet: hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Climate Research Division         | voice:    (619) 534-0855          |
| Scripps Institute of Oceanography |                                   |