Help building netcdf 2.3.2 with watcom C 10.0a (for dos)

I am trying to build the netcdf library.  This time with the new version of
watcom C (v10.0a) and the most recent patch-level of netcdf (v2.3.2
patch-level 2) which I downloaded last week.  I can successfully build and
test the xdr library, but for some mysterious reason the netcdf test fails,
and I have spent more hours than I would like to admit trying to find what
is causing the crash.  There appears to be some pointer error, but I cannot
pinpoint exactly where the problem is.  It crashes in different places when
I use xdrstdio.c instead of xdrposix.c.

Thanks,
Phil Miller
philip.miller@xxxxxxxxxx