Re: NetCDF Digest - Vol 1 : Issue 206

Hello,

Regarding your question.

>   Besides GMT, is there any other tool, especially X-window based tool,
> can be used to display the data in netCDF file?  Where to find them?
>
>             T.C. Yang
>             National Weather Service

GMT is an excellent package for producing publication quality graphics.
I use it almost exclusively.  But, it reads only it's own particular
format for NetCDF files.

There are many packages which can process a wider variety of NetCDF
implementations.  Your best information resource is the Unidata web site.
You can find it at http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/ .

In particular

- Unidata has written a procedure called NCBROWSE.  The procedure
is written for a package called IDL, from Research Systems Inc.
RSI can be reached by email.  I believe the address is info@xxxxxxx

- A package called Envision alledgedly reads NetCDF.  You can find out more
at http://www.atmos.uiuc.edu/envision/envision.html .

- NetCDF I/O modules for AVS are available from the International AVS center.
Start at http://www.mcnc.org, and follow the proper links.

   William Weibel                           weibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   UCLA Department of Atmospheric Sciences  Tel. (310)206-4441       \\\\/
   Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565              Fax  (310)206-5219        O-O
   U.S.A.                                                              |
                                                                      ---
         "The purpose of a memorandum is not to inform the reader,
          but to protect the writer."             -- Dean Acheson