Once more: Two questions about NetCDF

Thank you for the answers I got concerning my two questions. My problems are
not
solved yets but I am now able to state the questions in a clearer fashion now:

1) For our applications we would need to read and write netCDF file from stdin
and to
stdout. Since netCDF routines may do seeks, this will probably cause problems.
Anyway,
at the moment there is no way to open a netCDF file via stdin because the file
has to
have a name.

2) In our applications we need more than one unlimitted dimension. As far as I
see
netCDF allows only one.

Will there be changes in the future solving the two problems or could we solve
them
ourselves? Do others have these problems? Is anybody from Unidata listening?

Gerhard Eckel
IRCAM, Centre Georges Pompidou
1, place Igor Stravinksy
F-75004 Paris / France