c++ support for g++ compiler?

Has anybody got the c++ part of the netcdf-232p12 distribution working
with the FSF g++ compiler?

I note that the c++ code on the ftp site is nearly two years old, and
wonder whether somebody has updated this code to work with g++ (e.g.
version 2.5.8, which I use).

I got the code to compile with our ATT compiler, as a test, but that
doesn't help me, because I use g++ for my work, and name-mangling
prevents linkage of ATT and g++.

I'd appreciate advice from anybody who is using the c++ code.

Thanks.

Dan E. Kelley                   internet:                Dan.Kelley@xxxxxx
Oceanography Department         phone:                       (902)494-1694
Dalhousie University            fax:                         (902)494-2885
Halifax, NS, CANADA, B3H 4J1    WWW:  http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley