Reparing netCDF files

Hi,

I have a few netCDF files needing repair. I was running this model for
many days on my workstation. A power failure made my job terminate in
the middle. I have several netCDF output files which have data in them
(I can tell from their sizes) but the unlimited dimension is still set
to zero. If I try to read the files with the the netCDF library it
does let me read anything, because the library checks the requested
dimensions, and it thinks there is no data in it.

My question: Is there a simple way for me to change "by hand" the
             unlimited dimenion *time*. I know what it should be.

I am pretty sure I am not the first one running into this kind of
problems. In any event, would it be adding too much overhead to have
netCDF updating the unlimited dimension on file everytime it writes a
hyperslab?

Any help greatly appreciated.

    Arlindo.

--

   |             ^|^                ARLINDO MORAES DA SILVA, JR.         |