Re: Q: catman not found on irix64

Eberhard,

In the above message you wrote:

> while installing the irix64-alpha version  of netcdf
> on our power-challenge XL, i'm getting the errormessage:
>
>       catman -w -M /usr/local/man
> catman: Not found
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
>

> Any idea?

The installation procedure is attempting to rebuild your whatis(4)
database so that you can do keyword searches for netCDF information
(e.g. `man -k ncopen').  Unfortunately, IRIX64 doesn't have the
catman(1) utility.  Fortunately, this is the last step of the
installation procedure.  Thus, it can safely be ignored.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>