ANNOUNCE: ncrename -- netCDF renaming operator version 1.3 (first public release)

THIS IS UNSUPPORTED SOFTWARE! 'NUFF SAID.

ncrename -- netCDF renaming operator version 1.3 (first public release)

Purpose:
Renames dimensions, variables and attributes in a netCDF file. Implements
most of the ncrename specification from the "NetCDF Operators and Utilities"
specification document.

Example: Usage looks something like....

ncrename -v p,pressure  -v .t,temperature -d lon,longitude in.nc out.nc

Requirements:
* netCDF (must be installed on your system)

Obtaining the source:
Anonymous FTP to ftp.cgd.ucar.edu. Look in the directory
pub/zender and grab the compressed tar file ncrename-1.3.tar.gz
which contains the entire source tree.

Files:
ncrename-1.3.tar.gz                     the entire source tree:
./ncrename-1.3/README.ncrename          this file
./ncrename-1.3/ncrename.1               ncrename man page
./ncrename-1.3/ncrename.c               ncrename source code
./ncrename-1.3/ncrename.h               ncrename include file
./ncrename-1.3/ncrename.nc              sample input file to play around with

Installation:
The compressed tarfile ncrename-1.3.tar.gz must be uncompressed (with GNU
gunzip) and then untarred (tar -xvf ncrename-1.3.tar).
Install ncrename.1 in your man/man1 directory (and view with "man
ncrename"), or view it directory with "nroff -man ncrename.1 | less".

To compile ncrename.c, run the sample compile command below after editing it
to suit your system. The root of your netCDF installation source tree
should replace the $NETCDF_ROOT variable, e.g.,
"setenv NETCDF_ROOT /opt/netcdf2.3.2"

gcc -o ncrename -I$NETCDF_ROOT/include ncrename.c -L$NETCDF_ROOT/lib -lnetcdf
acc -o ncrename -I$NETCDF_ROOT/include ncrename.c -L$NETCDF_ROOT/lib -lnetcdf
cc -o ncrename -I$NETCDF_ROOT/include ncrename.c -L$NETCDF_ROOT/lib -lnetcdf

Good luck,
cz
--
Charlie Zender