Troubles in converting mrf grib file to netcdf with gribtonc

Help!

I have several mrf model grib files from the NMC (picked up from
nic.fb4.noaa.gov) which I can't seem to translate to netcdf.  I'm
using gribtonc found in decoders-1.0.2 and recently installed on a Sun
running Solaris 2.4.  I give gribtonc this command:

gribtonc -v mrf125.cdl 95061900f00_mrf.cdf < 95061900f00_mrf.grib

This results in a seemingly OK netcdf file (there were a few errors of this
type printed on the console:

gribtonc[1503]: GRIB product is much too short (0 bytes)

This netcdf file is filled with 'FloatInf' values instead of real numbers.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,

  Doug Hunt

dhunt@xxxxxxxx
GPS/MET project