"time" parameter

Hi.

I am a FORTRAN programmer new to using NetCDF software.  My data is
all from the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement program (ARM) and is
in the NetCDF format.

Basically,  I am trying to write a general program that will extract
specific data from a number of different dates. Each day of the ARM
data is written as another file. My problem is that each day has
different number of observations. For example, there might be 712,
716, and 706 data points for November 8, 9, and 10.  My understanding
is that the dimensional count has to be exact and constant (i.e. put
in a PARAMETER statement) when I write a FORTRAN program to extract
data. Is there some way that I can accompany non-constant time counts
when working with more than one file at a time? Please instruct me or
give me ideas.

Thank you.

Rob Levy
Department of Atmospheric Science