Re: GRIB2NC?

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Steven W. Payne wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 12:00:42 CDT
> From: Steven W. Payne <swpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: swpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, val@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>     foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: GRIB2NC?
>
> Hello,
>       I am currently trying to create a GRIB to Netcdf converter.  I was
> wondering if there was such an animal already out there. Anyone have any
> suggestions?
> Regards,
> Steve Payne
> --
>
>  Steve W. Payne --------------------- swpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --
>  MSU - Center for Air-Sea Technology  swpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
>  Bldg. 1103, Room 237I                Tel.: (601)688-7141       |
>  Stennis Space Center                 Fax:  (601)688-7100       |
>  MS 39529-5005 --------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Yes there is.  Check:

        ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
        pub/decoders/beta/decoders-2.0.2.tar.Z

This is a beta release of the decoders package that includes the newly
reworked gribtonc decoder.  There is a production release, but it will not
handle the newer grids shipped by NMC.

Mitch
Mitchell S. Baltuch                        Unidata Program Center
Software Engineer                          Univ. Corp for Atmospheric Research
mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/