951122: ncdigest V1 #299

>To:       owner-ncdigest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: pfister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robin Pfister)

Dr. Kulasekharan:

I don't know how familiar you are with our project - The Earth Observing
System Data and Information system - but I imagine many users of our data
will be users of your data.  Our project has selected a variation of HDF
called internally as HDF-EOS which is in the final stages of definition. I
personally am not involved with format specifications but I am involved in
an effort of metadata definition.  Although our formats are different there
may be common metadata definition issues so I'm forwarding pointers to some
information that you may find useful.

If you would like to take a look at some of the work we've been doing to
establish a system wide consistent terminology over distributed information
systems, please take a look at the following URL:

http://harp.gsfc.nasa.gov:1729/eosdis_documents/metadata.html

if you would like to take a look at our system you can access either an
X-based client, or a Web browse client at the following URL:

http://harp.gsfc.nasa.gov:1729/eosdis_documents/eosdis_home.html

More importantly, if you would like some free publication of your service
to our science community, post an advertisement at the following URL:

http://epserver.gsfc.nasa.gov/earth/earth.html.

Other general information about the EOSDIS Core System can be found on the
document server:

http://edhs1.eos.hitc.com/

- -Robin Pfister

Robin Tomlinson Pfister
e-mail:    pfister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address:   Code 505
           NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
           Greenbelt Md 20771
Phone:     (301) 286-1498      Fax:       (301) 286-1775