Re: 951212: netcdf filesize on Alpha

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Russ Rew wrote:

> Hi Arlindo,
>
> >   For the first time I experienced the following error from netCDF
> >
> > ncvarput: xdr_NC_fill
> > ncvarput: NCcoordck fill, var taux, rec 1175: File too large
>
> I can't reproduce this problem.  The limit on the size of netCDF files is
> supposed to be determined by the size of byte offsets for locations in the
> file.  These are currently signed 32-bit integers, so that should permit a 2
> Gbyte netCDF file.

Any chance that this is just a process limit set by setrlimit? Under irix
csh (I have no experience with Alpha's) you can get the soft limits with
the "limit" command and the hard limits with "limit -h". 'Just a shot in
the dark, but you never know...

----
            Peter Neelin (neelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
            Positron Imaging Laboratories,