Netcdf++ and Fortran arrays

I'd appreciate any information/hints about adding the ability to
read/write column major matrices using netcdf++.  It looks like I
need to add C++ wrappers for ncvgt_ and ncvptg_, has anyone beaten
me to this?

If it doesn't exist, I think this feature would be very useful: many
of the netlib C++ packages that do linear algebra/numerical analysis
(MV++, lapack++, fftpack++, as well as the languages Sather and Splus)
use column major storage to get clean linking with legacy Fortran
routines.

Also, for those of you who are interested in object-oriented numerics,
you might want to check out a web-page in progress:

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil/oo

Regards,

Phil Austin             INTERNET: phil@xxxxxxxxxxx
(604) 822-2175          FAX:      (604) 822-6150

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil
Associate Professor
Atmospheric Sciences Programme
Geography #217