P.S. --> Re: netcdf and web: visualization

My apologies for a couple of typos in the "setting up" portion of my previous
message. Here's a corrected version of that part of the message:

Here's what I set up (hacked) to run Ferret as a Web helper:

        1) in my home directory I created file netcdf_via_ferret with these
           lines:

                #! /bin/csh
                source **insert-your-path**/ferret_paths
                echo USE \"$argv[1]\" >! .ferret
                echo SHOW DATA >> .ferret
                /usr/bin/X11/xterm -e $FER_DIR/bin/ferret

        This script writes the two lines
                USE "/tmp/filename.cdf"
                SHOW DATA
        into the .ferret file of your $HOME directory.

        Note: i) these paths are for OSF ... slight diffs on other systems
             ii) make sure to    "chmod +x netcdf_via_ferret"
            iii) thie script over-writes your .ferret file

        2) in ~/.mailcap add the line

                application/x-netcdf;  netcdf_via_ferret %s

        3) in ~/.mime.types add the line

                application/x-netcdf          nc cdf

You'll probably have to start up a fresh copy of your browser (Netscape) so it
rereads the .mailcap information.

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744