rmicdf interface

Regarding the rmicdf package listed below, I recommend that potential
users read the README file before de-tarring the file.  This is
because it does *not* produce a new subdirectory containing all the
contents, as most packages do.  Rather, it starts creating several
subdirectories, which can cause a problem if you're not prepared for
it.

Other than that, I can't comment on the package, because our system
folks seem to have removed 'java' from our system, or hidden it where
I cannot find it.  But, it seems clear to me that a java netCDF
interface is a very good idea, so I send my thanks to Joe Sirott for
sharing this code.

Dan.

> Both source and compiled Java code for my Java netCDF interface are now
> available in:
>       ftp://ftp.atmos.washington.edu/freud/java/rmicdf.tar.Z
> Joe Sirott            sirott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan E. Kelley                   internet:         mailto:Dan.Kelley@xxxxxx
Oceanography Department         phone:                       (902)494-1694
Dalhousie University            fax:                         (902)494-2885
Halifax, NS, CANADA, B3H 4J1    WWW:  http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley