netcdf-2.4.2 nclong problem

Hi,

I appreciate it very much if anyone can offer me a clue about what
would cause the problem with netcdf-2.4.2 described below.

I changed all "long" to "nclong" in my programs and recompiled them
with netcdf-2.4.2.    All programs failed on ncvarget() function
with this error:  (I have tested both on Solaris and DEC/OSF1)

        ncvarget: xxx: Invalid Coordinates

where xxx is variable name. I have checked input arguments "nclong start"
and "nclong count" which all contain right values.  Besides, all
these programs are working with old netcdf library.

Thank you.

- Willa
Willa Zhu                      Phone:    206-526-6208
NOAA/PMEL/OCRD                 FAX:      206-526-6744
7600 Sand Point Way NE         Email:    willa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seattle, WA 98115              WWW:      http://pmel.noaa.gov/