Re: Changing dimension values?

                        http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/gary
>-- End of excerpt from Gary Strand

Hi Gary,

Since you're a Ferret user ...

The Ferret program can do all sorts of "messing with grids" on NetCDF files
that are "COARDS-standard" (see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/conventions.html).

For your question, use the DEFINE AXIS command to make a new time axis, say
"TDAYS", in units of days (time steps may be even or uneven). Then regrid your
variable along the T axis by "association" (replacement) using the syntax
"GT=TDAYS@ASN" as follows:

        LET var_in_days = var_in_secs[GT=TDAYS@ASN]
        SAVE/file=new_file.nc var_in_days

        cheers - steve

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744
                |  http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/ferret/home.html |