nco-0.9 is released: netCDF Operators

This announces the release of a suite of nine netCDF operators:

ncks ncrename ncra ncea ncrcat ncdiff ncwa ncecat ncflint

The source code is freely available via anonymous ftp to

ftp.cgd.ucar.edu:pub/zender/nc/nco-0.9.tar.gz

These operators work on generic netCDF files and perform such menial
tasks as renaming, hyperslabbing, averaging, interpolation, and
differencing.  They have been field-tested by a small group of people
will begin informally supporting them for the community at large with
this release, which comes with rudimentary TeXInfo documentation (file
nco.texi).

Please read the manual before sending me any bug reports. If you think
you have found a real bug (and I know there are plenty) I encourage
you to simplify the problem to a manageable size, document your
run-time environment, and send me the exact error messages (and run
the operator with -D set to at least 5 to increase the verbosity of
the debugging output). I will attempt to fix all bugs which I can
reproduce on the systems available to me. There is a TODO file which
contains some known problems and ways you can contribute to improving
the code if you wish.

Good luck,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender        Voice, FAX: (303) 497-1612, 497-1324
NCAR ASP & CGD        E-mail: zender@xxxxxxxxxxxxx