Re: Porting netCDF on PC.

Dear Vidyadhar,

> We have been trying to port the netCDF interfaces (C and C++) to
> the PC platform using the Microsoft Developer Studios Visual C++ 4.0.

If you are coming from an Unix enviroment, you may simplify your
porting efforts (in general, not only netcdf) by using the GNU Win32
C/C++ compiler instead, see:

    http://www.cygnus.com/gnu-win32

This is a freely available port of gcc to Windows 95/NT.  You can find
a port of NetCDF-3.3 for GNU Win32 on

  ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/unidata/netcdf/

          Arlindo.

   |             ^|^                ARLINDO MORAES DA SILVA, JR.          |
   |              |                 Data Assimilation Office, Code 910.3  |
   |             _|_                NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center      |
   |      @  ___|___|__             Greenbelt, MD 20771                   |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /         Office: (301) 805-7959                |
   |     \_______________/             FAX: (301) 805-7960                |
   | E-mail: dasilva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    Home: (301) 754-1121                |