Porting C++ interface on Windows95 using Microsoft

         Developer Studios Visual C++ 4.0

While trying to port the C++ interface for the netCDF on Windows95,
we obtain an error due to 'declare' statement in the ncvalues.hh files.
Noting that these statements are not directly part of the C++ language, we
get this error only while using the MSDV's Integrated Development
Environment. No error is reported either by compilers running on SUN
or the Cygnus ports of gnu compiler on the Win32 platform.

Kindly note that we have been able to port the C interface quite
successfully using the MSDV C++ 4.0 (i.e., we could generate the
netCDF library, ncgen and ncdump utilities.)

Does anyone know about this problem with the porting of C++ compiler
on MSDV C++ 4.0 in general and about the error due to declare statement
in the ncvalues.hh file in particular? Also, could the 5.0 version of
MSDV be able to handle this situation?

Thanking you,

Sincerely

-Vidyadhar Mudkavi