Re: request: plotting utility

Fred,

I would recommend FERRET, out of NOAA's PMEL lab. It's very easy to learn,
accepts netCDF files easily, can accept staggered grids and is quick to
produce plots. It is designed for dynamical model output, so it can easily
handle plotting one vector against another.

The home page is :

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/ferret/home.html

It also has a user's mailing list and an on-line user's guide.

Denise.
Denise L. Worthen, SSAI
Oceans and Ice Branch/Code 971
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center