Re: NCEP reanalysis to netCDF

Kenneth:  I routinely convert one NCEP reanalysys GRIB file (Grib grid
98 -- NCEP/NCAR reanalysis T62 gaussian grid, 28 sigma levels) to netCDF
using a perl program which calls the wgrib program to subset the grib file
and then the standard netCDF accessory program gribtonc (available from
www.unidata.ucar.edu).

I'll send you the perl code, details on how to get wgrib and the gribtonc
template file that I use if you are interested.

Regards,

  Doug Hunt

dhunt@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer III