Re: NCEP reanalysis to netCDF (Re: ncdigest V1 #448)

> Does anyone have a program to convert NCEP reanalysis GRIB files to netCDF?
I should point out that my group at NOAA's Climate Diagnostics Center
has converted much of the NCEP reanalysis to netCDF files compliant with
the COARDS conventions for gridded netCDF data.  See
        ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis/
and
        ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/
Also, the URL
        http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/data.nmc.reanalysis.html
may prove useful.  I hope this is of some help.

Don Hooper, hoop@xxxxxxxxxxxx