Re: scientific data format

Pascal Conreaux wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Netcdf is a good way to store a lot of different data.
> But is there a way to specify (or an existing specification to learn)an
> user that the Netcdf file describes, in 2D or 3D,
>
> 1)either a structured mesh
> 2)or an unstructured mesh
>
> Thanks,
>         Pascal.

We have written a public domain "meta" layer over the top of netCDF which
provides a higher level programming interface, called MeRAF. The MeRAF
system allows for structured and triangular unstructured 2D and 3D meshes,
as well as discrete point data, line data, and particle data. There are
calls to let you query all the attributes of a data set. Check it out at:

http:/www.ssesco.com/docs22/mpg/mpg.htm

--
Dennis A. Moon,  PhD.
Chief Scientist, SSESCO

SSESCO                        email:    dam@xxxxxxxxxx
Suite 110                     web page: http://www.ssesco.com
3490 Lexington Ave. North     tel:  (218) 327-3375   (direct line)
Shoreview, MN  55126-8044           (651) 481-0804   (main office)
                              fax:  (651) 481-0053