Odd behaviour -v3.4 3.3 DEC Alpha

I've noticed an odd behaviour with the netCDF libraries v3.3 & v3.4
compiled for DEC Alpha.

When creating a file from scratch the resulting netCDF file is fine.  If I
subsequently add an additional variable to the file, other (pre-existing)
variables will get scrambled.  This only occurs to some variables at some
2-D slices.  Visually it looks like a 2-D slice has been subdivided into
several rectangular areas then randomly put back together.  I'm guessing
that some internal directory header is getting corrupted when the new
variable is getting defined.  This was not a problem pre-v3.  Current libs
work fine on the SGI.

Anyone else see this and have a fix?  I haven't tested the effect of file
size but the ones we use are typically >100mb .

Cheers -- Jeff

Jeffrey H. Copeland Ph.D.           \_          j.copeland@xxxxxxxxxxx
NIWA Wellington                     </          Ph:   (64)(4) 386-0466
PO Box 14901, Kilbirnie,           /)           Fax:  (64)(4) 386-2153
Wellington, NEW ZEALAND.          (/`
National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research - Taihoro Nukurangi