Re: ncdigest V1 #510

Hi Daran,

I do not have access to HP-UX machines. However, it is important
to realize that, as of nco-1.1.38, NCO should build by default with any
ANSI C compiler. Fortran is not needed. GNU compilers are not needed
GNU make would make things simpler for you, but if you don't have GNU
make then I suggest attempting to compile and link the routines by hand.
The output of the 'make' command I sent you should "almost" work if
you replace 'gcc' with the name of your C compiler, and change the -I's
and -L's to reflect netcdf.h and libnetcdf.a's locations.
Trying this will at least generate some more helpful error messages.

Unfortunately I will be out of contact for the next few weeks so I hope
someone else in this group can help you.

Charlie
--
Through September 10:
Charlie Zender      Voice: (303) 497-1445, FAX: 497-1400

After September 10:
Charlie Zender  zender@xxxxxxx (949) 824-2987/FAX-3256
www.ess.uci.edu/zender
Earth System Science 216 PSRF, University of California, Irvine, CA
92697-3100