'nf_put_var_*' and UNLIMITED ; 'ncstat' status

Gary,

Sender: owner-netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the above message you wrote:

> Two questions I've gotten from colleagues:
>
> 1. "nf_put_var_real" doesn't work properly when one of the dimensions defined
>    for the field being "put" is NF_UNLIMITED, apparently. The solution was to
>    use "nf_put_vara_real", but the gotcha in using "nf_put_var_real" was no-
>    where in the netCDF-3 documentation.

I've been unable to duplicate this problem with version 3.4 of the
netCDF package (the latest official release): all attempts at using
nf_put_var_real() to write a record variable have succeeded.

Would it be possible to get from you a small example that illustrates
the problem?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson             <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu>