ncBrowse

         Announcing ncBrowse
    a graphical netCDF file browser

ncBrowse is a Java application (jdk1.2) that provides flexible, interactive
graphical displays of data and attributes from a wide range of netCDF data
file conventions.

Features

 *  Designed to work with arbitrary netCDF files.
 *  Browses file using the EPIC and COARDS conventions.
 *  Provides a "tree" view of the netCDF file.
 *  Handles character variables.
 *  Handles dimensions without an associated variable.
 *  Uses sgt graphics to perform 1 and 2 dimensional cuts through data.
 *  Save to file single variable as a "cdl" text file.
 *  InstallAnywhere scripts for UNIX, Win32, and MacOS.
 *  Currently uses Java 2 and Swing.

Requirements

ncBrowse will run on any UNIX or Windows machine with a Java 2 (jdk1.2)
virtual machine installed.  Automated installation scripts are available
for Windows and UNIX.

Additional information on ncBrowse and download instructions are available
at http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse.

Questions and suggestions should be directed to dwd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  If you
have problems reading a netCDF file with ncBrowse, please send me a copy of
the file and I'll get ncBrowse to read it!

Thanks for your time,
Don Denbo

For more information on available Java software from the EPIC group see
http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java.

Donald W. Denbo    dwd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ph: (206) 526-4487   Fax: (206) 526-6744
Collaborative tools: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/collab/
Scientific Java Graphics: http://www.epic.noaa.gov/NOAAServer/sgt
EPIC Oceangraphic Data Management: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/epic