netCDF to GIS?

Hi,

I'm a masters student at University of Texas at Austin, currently I'm
working on a GIS based research project on the arctic ocean, funded by the NSF

One of my goals is to take output of a oceanographic model, developed by
another institution and transfer it to GIS (ArcView / ArcInfo). The problem
is that the output of the model is in NetCDF format, which I don't know how
to handle.

Therefore I'm curious, whether someone has been working with both netCDF
files as well as ArcView/ArcInfo and whether I could get some useful hints.

I'm working in a Windows NT environment so that programs running only on
other systems would not be very helpful

Thank you
Jona Finndis Jonsdottir

------