Re: ncdigest V1 #554

I'm not a Windows software developer, so I ended up using a package
called Cygwin to compile NetCDF and UDUNITS for Win32.

CygWin provides a Unix-like environment that runs under Win32
(95/98/NT).  It can be downloaded for free, there is a version of Perl
for it, and it's possible to compile NetCDF and UDUNITS under CygWin
using gcc and g77.

    http://www.cygnus.com/cygwin/

You can probably find Perl 5 for Cygwin at www.cpan.org.

I should be able to provide you with NetCDF and UDUNITS binaries
(w/ Perl interfaces) for Cygwin in the near future.  I've done it
before, last October, but I need to rebuild for the more recent
versions of Cygwin.

Does that help?

-RZ

ncdigest wrote:
> Subject: FW: Win32 support
>
> Netcdf from all I've researched is prefect for what I need, but
> I'm using a Win32 machine (certain apps I'm using only on win32)
> and have a lot of Perl scripts I wish to continue using
> (large investment). Which is turning out to be a burden, but I'm
> stuck.
>
> Please I need a helping hand.
>
> I require perl netcdf interface and by the looks of things udunits library
> and perl interface.
> Can anyone help or put in touch with anyone (may be able to get my hands on
> some money for payment, but need to know approximates).
>
> Please put me in touch with appropriate persons.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
>  ____________________________________________________
> David Ahrens
> Drought Research Officer
> Climate Impacts and Natural Resource Systems
> Resource Sciences and Knowledge
> Department of Natural Resources
> Natural Sciences Precinct
>  ____________________________________________________
> QCCA Building
> Gate 4, 80 Meiers Road                  Ph:   +61 7 3896 9842
> INDOOROOPILLY   QLD    4068             Fax:  +61 7 3896 9843
> e-mail: david.ahrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www: http://www.dnr.qld.gov.au/longpdk/index.html
>  _____________________________________________________

> The information in this e-mail together with any attachments is
> intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
> and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
>
> Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
> and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
>
> If you have received this message in error, you are asked to
> inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message
> and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your
> computer system network.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of ncdigest V1 #554
> ***********************
begin:vcard
n:Zagar;Randy
tel;fax:302 831-6838
tel;work:302 831-1139
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://newark.cms.udel.edu/~zagar
org:University of Delaware;College of Marine Studies
version:2.1
email;internet:zagar@xxxxxxxx
title:Research Systems Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;College of Marine Studies=0D=0AUniversity of
Delaware;Newark;DE;19716;USA
fn:Randy Zagar
end:vcard