Can't install netcdf-3.4

    Hi

    I am trying to install netcdf-3.4 in order to install GMT. But I've
found a problem, when running configure an error appears that stops the
process. Maybe someone has seen the same problem before. I am working
with HP-UX 10.20 and as you can see new to UNIX and program install.
Following are the output of configure and the contents of config.log.

> Output from ./configure
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for m4... m4
> checking for xlc... no
> checking for c89... c89
> checking C compiler... works
> checking how to make dependencies... false
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for c++... c++
> checking C++ compiler "c++"... works
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... c89 -E
> checking for fort77... fort77
> checking for Fortran .F compiler...
> checking if Fortran compiler handles *.F files... yes
> checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... nm: conftest.o: No such
> file or directory
> configure: error: not found

> config.log
>
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:1020: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:1153: c++ -c  -DNDEBUG conftest.C 1>&5
> configure:1220: c89 -E -DNDEBUG conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:1373: fort77 -c -O conftest.f
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values 0-4,
> received: conftest.f; ignored
> configure:1422: fort77 -o conftest -O conftest.F  -lU77
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values 0-4,
> received: conftest.F; ignored
> configure:1463: fort77 -c -O conftest.f
> fort77: POSIX 1003.2 mandates opt level following -O; expected values 0-4,
> received: conftest.f; ignored

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Paco

--
Francisco Pastor
Meteorology Department