generating increasing time

Hi to everybody!

My question is probably simple, but I could'nt get an answer.

I'm making Fortran routines to allow creation & modification of netcdf
files. The final user will insert the routines into his/her numerical
model to store resulting data.

The problem is concerning the TIME axis. I want to define time as
follows:
         double time(time) ;
         time:units = "days since 1900-1-1" ;

then I want my user to add time interval to the first time value at each
iteration of the model so that each resulting time can be saved in the
time variable.

I don't know how to manage the addition of a time interval to a given
time value.  I use UDUNITS, but it man (3) page gives no answer to that
question. Probably the solution is in using  utCalendar and/or
utInvCalendar, but I need some clarification.

Thank you very much for any help,

Emanuele

--
$$$ Emanuele Lombardi
$$$ mail:  AMB-GEM-CLIM ENEA Casaccia
$$$        I-00060 S.M. di Galeria (RM)  ITALY
$$$ mailto:emanuele.lombardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$$$ tel +39 06 30483366 fax     +39 06 30484264
$$$
$$$                                |||
$$$                                \|/  ;_;
$$$ What does a process need        |   /"\
$$$ to become a daemon ?            |   \v/
$$$* Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user friendly.
$$$  It's just very particular about who it makes friends with.
$$$* Computers are not intelligent, but they think they are.
$$$* True programmers never die, they just branch to an odd address
$$$* THIS TRANSMISSION WAS MADE POSSIBLE BY 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS