request for help netcdf variable type conversion

Respected Sir/Madam,
I run a fortran source that interacts with netcdf
routines by getting the values of certain variables
reading from the user supplied netcdf file.I compile
the fortran source on a irix m/c with option -r8 but
this type conversion is troubling as the values stored
in netcdf file are not interpreted properly which is
due to type cast I suppose.I also used a 64 bit
version of netcdf but that didn,t help me.I request if
there is any option with ncdump to manipulate the data
value in terms of float to double precision manually
and then to cdf format.So please could you help me
regarding the solution of the problem posed.

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html