Re: netCDF parallel io ?

Hi Philippe,

>  can anybody give me any links explaining how to do parallel io
> with netCDF, if it is possible ? Thanks

Parallel I/O with netCDF is currently available on only one platform,
the Cray T3E, as described here:

  http://hpcf.nersc.gov/software/libs/io/netcdf/pusage.html

We've proposed parallelizing netCDF I/O and adding some other
enhancements by layering on top of HDF-5 but haven't identified
resources to carry out this work.  Other ideas for parallelizing
netCDF are also under consideration.  As a first step, we will
investigate the possibility of allowing multithreading in the Java
netCDF package when we rewrite it to use java.nio (the new I/O package
in J2SDK 1.4).

--Russ

russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu