Re: NASA Ames to NetCDF converter

"Stephens, A (Ag)" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We (the British Atmospheric Data Centre) are interested in converting NASA
> Ames files to NetCDF (and back again).

Dear Ag Stephens,
 I have an IDL Routine to read AMES Formats and convert them
 to netCDF. For reading it is quite easy to extend for
 formats we are not using.

 The write routine for ames did only write 1001 files,
 because that's our exchange format. But if you have a look at
 the Steve Gaines routines it should be easy
 to add some more formats.

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/read_ames.tar.gz

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/write_ncdf.tar.gz

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_source/idl_html/dbase/download/write_ames.tar.gz

regards

Reimar

> Has anyone written software to perform this conversion between the two
> formats?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ag

> Ag Stephens                           Ph : +44 (0)1235 446220
> Data Scientist,                       Fax: +44 (0)1235 445848
> British Atmospheric Data Centre,
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
> Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.
> Email:   A.Stephens@xxxxxxxx           Web: www.badc.rl.ac.uk

Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-I)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
 http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html