Re: Has anyone written a NetCDF CF convention file checker?

  • To: "Stephens, A (Ag) " <A.Stephens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Has anyone written a NetCDF CF convention file checker?
  • From: Brian Eaton <eaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:18:48 -0600 (MDT)
Dear Ag,

A CF convention file checker is currently being worked on by the PRISM
project.  Jonathan Gregory (jonathan.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) is involved
with this work.  He's out of the office until July 25.

Brian

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Stephens, A (Ag)  wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Here at the British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) we are adopting the CF
> (Climate and Forecasts) Convention for our NetCDF files. We are thinking of
> producing a piece of software to verify that any given file conforms to the
> convention. However, one of you may already have produced this.
>
> Do you know if anyone has produced a CF Convention file checker?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ag

> Ag Stephens                           Ph : +44 (0)1235 446220
> Data Scientist,                       Fax: +44 (0)1235 445848
> British Atmospheric Data Centre,
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
> Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.
> Email:   A.Stephens@xxxxxxxx           Web: www.badc.rl.ac.uk

Brian Eaton                               | email: eaton@xxxxxxxx
Climate Modeling Section                  |
National Center for Atmospheric Research  |
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO  80307         |