Re: Netcdf for C and Perl

Naveenta Anand,

The netCDF perl module uses the netCDF C library, so, yes, they can (and
must) exist on the same system.

The only difficulty is that the netCDF perl module is compiled using the
same compiler options that were used to compile the perl utility -- and
these options might be incompatible with the options used to compile the
netCDF library.

You can check the options that were used to compile the perl utility via
the following command:

    perl -V

Both the netCDF library and the netCDF perl module have been
successfully installed on a DEC Alpha.

Regards,